February 12, 2010
Kim Gue, Commercial Move Coordinator
Office Move Planning
Do's and Don'ts of Office Relocation Part 3: Office Move Planning Checklist
This detailed list will help you anticipate the steps involved in a typical office move. Not every step will apply to your situation. Carefully consider each step in the process and determine which of these you need to address or delegate to someone else. You will no doubt quickly realize that planning an office move is a huge and complicated task! Don't wait until the last minute to get organized.
Office Relocation: Finding a new location
Office Moving: Designing the new location
- Hire an architect/interior designer
- Determine office furnishing needs
- Determine office systems needs
- Telephone system
- Computers and networking
- Copiers/Printers/Fax machines.
- Postage meters, etc.
- Working floor plan drafts
- Provide HVAC requirements for all equipment
- Provide electrical requirements for all equipment
- Decide on cabling outlet configuration (Voice and Data)
Office Moving: Get vendor quotes and hire as early as possible for the following:
- Telephone system (replace it or move it)
- Order new phone/data service (POTS, T-1, ISDN, DSL) Network (upgrade it, back it up, prepare to move it)
- Security system
- Modular furniture (replace it or move it)
- Office Moving Company
- Document destructors
- Janitorial service
Plant watering service
Office Moving: Manage construction project
- Hire General contractor
- Hire Project manager?
- Hire engineer
- Get drawings approved for permit
Obtain building permits
Office Relocation: Updating your business location
- Order new stationery and business cards
- Order new signs
- Paint or decal company vehicles
- Change vehicle registrations
- Change website to reflect new address/phone numbers
- Revise advertising
- Revise yellow pages listing
- Notify post office
This is part 3 of a 4-part blog series addressing office moving issues and providing you with the tools and information you need for a flawless office move.
See Part 1, Do's and Don'ts of Office Relocation: Most Common Office Moving Mistakes and Part 2:Can you accomplish a successful office move?
If you are planning an office move in the next 12 months, contact diggins & ROSE immediately for a free consultation and quote. The earlier you start your planning, the better your chances for a successful, stress-free office moving experience.
Back to Moving Company blog.